To value and improve Human Life through social interaction with responsibility, excellence, honesty and integrity.
1. To provide a safe secure environment for Men of all ages, faiths and cultures where they are able to build on improving their physical and mental health, learn and share skills, reduce isolation, improve self esteem; confidence and sense of belonging through friendship and community involvement and actively participate in recreational and outreach activities.
2. To assist in the relief of poverty, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness in the community through active and continuing outreach involvement -
e.g. – Shepparton Food Share Programme, Life Church Mooroopna and Community Care.
– Training and skills sharing.
– Other Community programmes as they become available.
3. To source and maintain Community partnerships that will provide relief to disadvantaged groups within the Community.
1. Provide information and trained personnel from community agencies that will offer access to relevant health services and information for Men to address suffering, suicide, depression, loneliness, alcohol and drug addiction.
2. Provide an increase in life opportunities through training, skills development, mentoring and income generation to overcome isolation, boredom, low self esteem, mental health issues and relieve distress or helplessness for the benefit of self and the community in general.
3. Provide planned activities that will acknowledge Men’s skills, promote self worth and work ethics and courage them to participate in community projects that will assist in relieving misfortune.
4. Provide a friendly environment that will offer mate ship, social interaction and emotional support to each other in times of grief and trauma that will uplift distress and misfortune.
5. Integrate the indigenous and ethnic community into new programmes or training that will encourage self esteem and confidence and assist them in finding fulfilling work.
6. Adopt an open door policy to accept Men from other self help groups to enable them to utilise their skills and abilities in providing a positive outcome for the benefit of the community and themselves.
7. Provide training in new skills that will assist in relieving poverty through ongoing community partnerships.
Auspiced by Churches of Christ Vic/Tas through Community Care - Careworks.